Don't Fret! Bluegrass has Gifts!
December 16, 2014
Christmas is almost here! Are you ready? This time of year is perfect for saying "thank you," " I love you," or simply "Merry Christmas" to the special people in our lives.
So, have you checked your list twice? Seen who's naughty and who's nice? It seems like our list just grows and grows every year. Does yours? We have to think about spouses, children, moms and dads, friends, neighbors, cousins, nieces and nephews, the babysitter, the mailman, teachers, our hairdresser, Dirty Santa gifts, coworkers, hostess gifts...the list could go on and on.
Shopping for Christmas gifts last minute should be an Olympic sport - only the strong live to give the perfect gift! Not at Bluegrass! We've got something for everyone on your list (who is over 21 that is). We've got a few ideas for those closest to you and those you wish you didn't have to buy for.
Acquaintances & friends
In addition to friends, this can be neighbors, your kids teachers, coworkers, the mailman, etc. Chances are this is where you want to save money, too. So let's think about a few budget gift ideas for this crowd.
- We have so many terrific wines in the $9-$12 range that are perfect for gift-giving.
- How about accessories? Can this person use a new cocktail shaker, wine glasses, or bottle opener?
Hostess & Dirty Santa gifts
Self-explanatory, these gifts can either show appreciation for hosting a gathering or make the crowd go wild and fight over the gift YOU brought to the Dirty Santa party! The budget for these really depends on the place you are going. Is the party cocktail attire? Is it a casual affair? As for the Dirty Santa party, what is the price limit? Generally the host will do a good job of giving a limit to keep things somewhat equal.
- A hostess gift can be anything from a $17 bottle of Conundrum to a $6 bottle of Yellowtail. This can be liquor, too.
- Mini bottles of liquor coupled with a mixer is always a hit!
- Or you can make a "Jello shot kit" with all the necessary supplies: the plastic jello shooters, tequila or vodka, and their favorite Jello flavor (ok, this you'll have to get at the grocery).
- If this is a go big or go home kind of party, why not join the fun and bring a top shelf option like Woodford Reserve?
It's a toss up whether this is the easiest or toughest person to shop for. But I assure you, you cannot go wrong with a gift that you can enjoy together.
- How about a nice vintage bottle of wine?
- Don't forget our selection of cigars. Why not tie a ribbon around it with a note saying "take an hour to relax."
- For the woman in your life, we've got premixed margaritas that are perfect for unwinding after a long day.
Is it coincidence that stockings are traditionally long and slender just like beer and wine bottles? We think not. This is a sign that they should be filled with tasty beverages!
- Ask your spouse what their favorite wine is, then come and get it.
- Do you get purple teeth and lips when drinking red wine? Fear not, we've got your cure. Wine Wipes. Small and perfect for a stocking, these wipes will clean the red wine off of your teeth and lips!
- Mini bottles of liquor are nice for stocking's as well! We've got just a few to choose from (sarcasm...).
Whatever the gift, don't fret! Bluegrass is coming to the rescue. Stop by the store and put together some killer gifts this season. Still don't know what to get? Stop by anyway and our experts can help you choose the perfect gifts.